Scoil Mhuire Lourdes
School Phone: 059-9151875
School Fax: 059-9152292
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
03 September 2015
On behalf of the Staff and Board of Management I welcome you to another school year. We extend a special “céad mile failte” to the 30 new junior infants and two new girls in 4th & 5th.
The following is a list of holidays/breaks for the coming year:
- Halloween Break: School will finish at usual time on Friday, October 23rd and re-open on Monday, 2nd November. (Standardised Holidays)
- Christmas Holidays: School will finish at 12 noon on Tuesday 22nd Dec. and will reopen on Wednesday 6th January 2016. (Standardised Holidays)
- February Midterm: School will be closed on Thursday18th & Friday 19th February
- Easter Holidays: School will finish at 12 noon on Wednesday, March 16th and reopen on Monday 4th April.
- May: School will be closed on Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th May
(Public Holiday and School Holidays)
- June: School will be closed on Friday 3rd, Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th June
(Public Holiday & School Holiday)
- School will close at 12 noon for Summer holidays on Thursday 30th June.
♦Please ensure all your child’s belongings are clearly marked – especially cardigans, track suit tops and lunchboxes.
♦ Proposed dates for swimming for the coming year:
5th class: Wednedsday Sept 9th – Oct. 21st incl
4th class: Thursday Sept 10th – Oct 22nd incl
2nd class: Wednesday Jan 20th – Mar 9th incl
3rd class: Thursday Jan 21st – March 10th incl
Because another adult is needed, each day a parent/adult from the “swimming” classes must accompany the class teacher to Mount Wolseley. Please get in touch with Fiona to put your name on the rota for whatever day suits you.
♦Headlice: In the interest of your daughter’s health, all hair must be tied up/back to prevent the spread of headlice.
If you find your daughter has picked up lice, please speak to your doctor/pharmacy and treat as quickly as possible. The regular use of fine combing is recommended to ensure that the problem doesn’t persist.
♦Entrance through Mill Street: The only entrance to the school is
through the gate at Mill Street.
Please note: parking is not allowed along the zig-zag lines outside the gate as it interferes with Jane’s work. Also, please do not park in the areas marked for buses.
♦Our school website is now up and running. We have lots of photos and general school information. Sincere thanks to Mrs. Cullen who has put in so much work on the website. To access please go to
I hope that the coming school year will be a happy and fruitful one for all.
Signed:- Anne Kennelly
Click here to download: newsletter Sept 2015 (1)