Scoil Mhuire Lourdes
28 May 2014
During Lent this year, the girls collected an amazing €788.64, to be shared between two Third World Charities.
Trócaire will receive €450 towards supplying water pumps and installing wells in Enestina’s community in Rwanda.
The remainder rounded up to €350, will go to “Bóthar” in the form of two dairy goats named by the children – Cookie and Jack!
These contributions will make a difference to the people in need.
A big thank you to the girls and to you for supporting them.
♦ The children have been involved in various activities recently.
- Well done to 4th class who sang so well in Carlow last week.
- Congratulations to 2nd class who received their First Holy Communion last Saturday and the Sacrament of Reconciliation just before Easter.
- 6th class are enjoying tag rugby and Aoife Shannon is doing Hip Hop with most classes.
- Senior Infants and 1st class are learning great camogie skills.
- Swimming has finished up for this year.
- 6th class are busy preparing for Confirmation on June 7th.
♦ Even though book bills for the coming year are not yet ready, parents are more than welcome to start payment towards same. Paying off now will make things far easier financially when the new school year starts in September.
♦ We are now approaching the final couple of weeks of the school year. From now on please encourage your child to walk into school on her own. I ask those parents who continue to come into the yard to stand in the area near St. Brigid’s. Once the bell rings all parents will be expected to leave. Please proceed via the ramp – not back down the steps. This will ensure that all pupils can proceed to class without interruption and, more importantly, will encourage your daughter to be confident and independent.
♦ Reminder: School will be closed on Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd June. (Public Holiday & School Holiday)
School will close at 12 noon for Summer holidays on Friday 27th June 2014
♦ Green Schools
It’s that time of year again and weather permitting SPRING CLEAN DAY will be on Friday May 30th. Bring your gloves!
Signed:- Anne Kennelly
click here to download newsletter May 2014