Policy Re Homework: All Classes Get Homework 4 Days per Week to:
1. Consolidate what is done in school.
2. Practise and improve skills.
3. Realise the place of religion in their lives.
4. Homework is also given to afford parents the opportunity to interest themselves in their children’s formal education.
Time which should be allotted for Homework:
Jnr.& Snr. Infants – 10-15 minutes
1st & 2nd Classes – 15-30 minutes
3rd & 4th Classes – 30-45 minutes
5th & 6th Classes – 30–60 minutes
Should your daughter have a problem in doing her homework you/she should say so to her teacher.
1. Please check your child’s bag regularly as there may be notes/circulars/newsletters in it which may not have been brought to your attention.
2. Parents, please feel free to consult with Principal/Class Teacher/Learning Support Teacher/ if you think the need for doing so ever arises. For organisational reasons an appointment for such consultation is necessary. This can be arranged either by phone or by a note which you may give to your child, and a written response will be issued to you.
3. Encourage your child to be independent. After the initial settling-in period please allow her go into the classroom unaccompanied.
4. Talk to your child about school – look at her work regularly. Praise her efforts. Give her a positive attitude towards school. Don’t use school, teachers/principal as a threat.
5. Regulate your child’s television viewing and her use of I.T.
6. If you child shows signs of illness please keep her at home.
7. Please keep us informed of change of address, phone number, minder’s no. etc.